Fanning Institute community leadership programs [link to CLP in programs] help to develop knowledgeable, skilled, committed, and action-oriented leaders. Participants from diverse backgrounds and different perspectives enhance their existing leadership skills and gain a better understanding of themselves and their role as community leaders.
Fanning community leadership programs are designed to:
- identify emerging and existing leaders,
- increase their knowledge, skills, and attitudes about leadership, and
- demonstrate how strong leadership can support a community in reaching its goals.
We achieve this by:
- Providing customized training in leadership development to communities throughout Georgia;
- Offering technical assistance to existing community leadership development programs and to communities that want to start these programs;
- Conducting community-wide scans and audits of leadership vitality;
- Developing and delivering next-level programs for graduates of leadership development programs;
- Partnering with existing statewide leadership organizations such as the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Georgia, and others to increase our reach to new audiences.